Friday 15 November 2013

Miss Frank

Hello Fellow Nom Seekers!

It feels like winter in Melbourne even though we are approaching summer.  It's dreary and miserable and wet.  Perfect weather to cup a warm well made latte in my frozen hands.  Which is why I headed to Miss Franks.  I have been curious to try their coffees as Through Road is often congested with people waltzing there for their coffee fix. 

A frozen hands warming latte
I am not normally a big coffee drinker as I usually find it too bitter or it makes my heart race.  But this was a lovely latte, went down silky smooth while it rained buckets outside. 
Miserable and wet outside Miss Frank's

Miss Frank also had a range of what I refer to as couture sugars to sweeten your drinks. 

Couture sugars

As it was nearing lunch time, I could not resist ordering something to eat.  The brioche with goats curd, slow roasted mushroom and fried egg was delightful - salty from the goats curd, sweet from the brioche and woodsy from the mushroom.  It was a pity it was so small.  I gobbled it down in a mouthful and had me hankering for more. 

A delightfully tasty brioch albeit a bit mingy

I loved the industrial chic vibe of the café.  It's kid friendly and pram friendly.  They even have a hydraulic lift for prams and wheelchairs so that they can access the mezzanine level. 

The deets:

Location:
Miss Frank
200 Through Road, Camberwell
ph: 90785351

Ambience:
Casual dining, takeaway

Cost:
A bit expensive for the quantity of food.  My brioche was $10 and I was still hungry.  But the quality of the food was spot on

Nom again:
I'll go back for the coffee and it is an ideal environment for a coffee catch up with friends avec kids.  But I won't necessarily go specifically to eat there again

Miss Frank on Urbanspoon

Cheerio

Nom Seeker, Glutt

2 comments:

  1. Great review! Miss Frank's is definitely the best place to get coffee in the Through Road area :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The flock of locals is definitely a give away that it's good

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...