Tuesday 24 December 2013

Arbitrageur Wine Room and Restaurant

Greetings Fellow Nom Seekers!

Arbitrageur is a French restaurant in Wellington, New Zealand.  The outside of this restaurant is deceptively mundane but the inside is a different story with its high ceiling, eye-catching chandelier and its unusual brass table. This restaurant had a very cosy atmosphere and the staff were very friendly and always ready to help. This restaurant has a very nice menu with an extensive wine list. The most expensive wine on the menu I could find was from Bordeaux and was around NZ$4,500. (Yikes!) Unfortunately, I did not get to sample that one. Maybe I'll leave that for when I win the lottery. 

For entree, I had the "Calamari Fritti". This was a delicious fried calamari with rocket, lemon and garlic skordalia. For mains, I tend to gravitate toward meat. I think this is because of the freshness of the meat in New Zealand. So to keep up with the NZ tradition, I ordered the "Ages Entrecote", a beautifully cooked steak with pommes Pont-Neuf,  Bearnaise and Cafe de Paris butter. As a side dish, I ordered some chips also known out there as the "Pomme Frites with lemon aioli". Yes, it was a bit pomme heavy but c'est magnifique!

 



As always, the meat was cook to perfection and the size was bigger than expected. I was full after the entree and main but was determine to have dessert and this time I chose the cheese platter. Since I'm cluttering my arteries with this meal anyway, I may as well finish with a bang.  The brie was my favorite and unlike all the cheese platter I ever had, this one was unusual as it was not served with crackers but instead served with little pieces of brown bread toast. 

Overall this was a great night and will definitely go back.




The deets:

Location:
Arbitrageur, 125 Featherston St, Wellington, New Zealand
ph: 04 499 5530

Cost:
NZ$110 per person plus drinks

Ambience:
Fine dining

Nom again:
Yes, Obelix will return to nom again when in Wellington


Arbitrageur Wine Room and Restaurant on Urbanspoon

Cheers,
Obelix









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...