Monday 10 March 2014

In A Rush


Hello Fellow Nom Seekers!

In A Rush is along the same vein as Famish'd Salads and Stuff.  See Famish'd review here.  However In a Rush's salads are cheaper but the downside is that you don't get to customise your own.

There are a couple of In A Rushes across Melbourne.  But my fave is the one on the corner of Exhibition and Little Collins as they appear to have more of a selection of salads (approx 8 - 10).

For $8.90 I got the medium sized salad which allows me to have three salad choices.  Believe me, the medium is a pretty big serve.  I don't think I have ever completely finished a medium sized salad in one sitting.  That's saying a lot because I can pack a lot in me.  Compared with the $11 starting point for a salad at Famish'd, it's a pretty good deal.


My selections here were:
Apple & rocket with walnut - I loved this as it was like a cleaner version of a Waldorf
Chicken Coleslaw - it was ok.  It came with little crunchy noodle bits.  It's somewhat reminiscent of the coleslaw you can buy in a bag at Woolworths
Rice salad - now this was yum.  There were a few bits of peas and corn and a whole lotta rice.  It was very flavoursome but towards the end, the saltiness of the soy sauce was getting to me.


My selections from another occasion were:
Quinoa salad - this came with cranberries and was sweet and tart at the same time.  I enjoyed this.
Beef noodle salad - this was yum.  The beef had a lovely teriyaki type marinade and was very tender.  It was a pity there was so little of the beef

In A Rush also does a variety of soups and a few pre made foccacias.  I have noticed that most people come here for the reasonably priced salads over the summer months, as do I.

In a Rush on Urbanspoon

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...