Wednesday 8 October 2014

The Wharf Hotel

Hello Fellow Nom Seekers!

Spring has sprung! It's the perfect time of the year to enjoy the best of waterfront and al fresco dining Melbourne has to offer.  I was very fortunate to be invited by Clemence Harvey to dine at one of the World Trade Centre (WTC) Wharf's waterside restaurants as part of their launch of their new Spring Express Lunch menus.  Out of the participating restaurants (Man Mo, Kobe Jones, Byblos and Wharf Hotel), I opted for the express lunch at the Wharf Hotel as I have never been there before.  The express lunch menu are designed for the quickie weekday lunch but in a much nicer setting that your average office break out area.  And in my case, a much better tasting lunch than what I usually pack in my lunch box!

Wharf side view
The staff were very friendly and the food came promptly as promised.  I was in and out in less than an hour.  The Wharf Hotel offer a choice of five items on the express lunch menu which come with a drink.



The waitress advised that their pizzas are a popular item, so whilst I generally don't order pizza when dining out (as I like to think I make a pretty mean wood fire oven pizza myself), I decided to give their's a go.  I ordered the salmon, tomato and chilli pizza.  It was a very generous size serve and I could not finish it.  It came with some serious cheese on top.

Salmon, tomato and chilli pizza

Seriously cheesy


The crust was very light and crispy and not at all greasy.  For a salmon pizza the taste wasn't overwhelmingly fishy, which was a good thing.  As I'm a bit of a fussy pizza critic, this pizza more than past muster.

I washed it down with a cup of tea which I ordered in lieu of the glass of wine or soft drink which came with the express lunch.

I was also provided with the dessert menu.  But as I could not even finish my pizza, there was no way I could fit in the dessert.



I'll leave you with a few pics of the surrounds.  As I said, a way better ambience than the average office break out area.  Indeed there were quite a few office folks grabbing a bite.

The WTC Wharfside restaurants are definitely a good lunch option for those working in the city - beats sitting down in a food court for sure.






The Wharf Hotel on Urbanspoon

Until next time...


1 comment:

  1. Hello Madam and Sir
    What is your project ?
    You have difficulty developing or starting your own business. You have a good initiative but the bank refuses access to a loan. All serious people who need to borrow money have a logical reason. Do not delay the realization of your project. Receive our fast and guaranteed credit loan offer in 72 hours with very simple conditions at a rate of 3%. For any request, do not hesitate to contact us for more information and you will be completely satisfied.

    E-mail: georges.matvinc@gmail.com
    E-mail: georges.matvinc@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...